In Pursuit of More is a blog I follow. Shira is a lovely lady who cooks really yummy food and runs a non-profit called Not So Fast. She has a beautiful blog and I love the pictures and quotes she puts up. One of my favorites is “More compassion. More acceptance. More middle ground.”. This could apply to all fields of life!!
One of her recent posts was about her daily bits of happiness. It is a beautiful read and it prompted me to write my own list of things that make me happy every day.
1. When I get up before my son wakes up and spend some time chatting with my husband about our plans for the day or about what’s going on in our current fave reality TV show or anything else under the sun.
2. A pit stop at my fave coffee haunt here in Wellington and catching up on the day’s news in the local paper.
3. Having some simple and flavourful food when I am really hungry (this one I share with Shira).
4. Getting my social media dose for the day.
5. Sorting or clearing something and getting rid of clutter.
6. Ironing clothes while watching TV – it does bring me peace of mind.
7. Talking to my mom and my sister. They complete my day. Love you both!!
8. Cooking a fresh pasta with veggies, olive oil and garlic. I love making and eating that.
9. Story time before I put my son to bed. I think I enjoy reading out the stories and discussing new things we discover, more than N.
10. My son’s genuine hearty giggles or laughs. They are so infectious and always always bring a smile to my face 🙂
11. Catching up with a friend via phone or in person. Friends are like therapy and we all need some!
12. Some music before I go to bed while I read an interesting book. I like discovering new songs and new kinds of music.
I should do one or more of these to keep my happiness quotient high for the day.
What’s on your daily list of happiness? Are you able to do any or some of them daily? Why not?
This post is part of the Marathon Blogging December 2012.