In this age of live healthy, eat healthy, do good, be good, breathe deeply, exercise and the likes, I shouldn’t be doing any of the things mentioned below; ideally, but then the articles linked to, say otherwise.
– No egg yolks. But this here says they are good!
– No nuts coz they have fat! But this here says the fats are the good, heart-healthy unsaturated kinds.
– No other oil except olive oil. But this here says olive is good only when used cold, else use canola.
– No alcohol. But this here says “Moderate amounts of alcohol raise levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL, or “good” cholesterol)”.
– No bread. But this here says “Bread products can be the foundation of a healthy, low-fat diet.”
What should I believe in? How do you choose? Gut feel, trust the source, learn from friends and family’s experiences?
This post is a part of the Blog-a-Prompt week at Marathon Blogging. Today’s prompt is No.