Today was Day 3 of my Positivity Experiment. And I could have easily turned it into Negativity Experiment with more than 5 points 😦 Friday the 13th actually seemed like a freaky and doomed day. But I decided come what may I shall focus on the positive stuff happening around me.
For those who are new to my blog – today is day 3 of my 7 day positivity experiment. Read this post for more details.
So here we go with the 5 positive things of the day –
- We had a family fruit evening today. Now it ain’t as corny as it sounds. Summer being the season of mangoes, we got loads of ’em today and so S, N and I sat together on the dining table and had yummy mangoes. We also had litchis – our first of the season! They weren’t all that sweet yet but not that bad either. It was a fun family-eating-together kind of thing. I LOVE mangoes and can have an unlimited number of them (the eating process is limited when N tries to take over from me or the trips to the loo begin).
- N offered to take care of me and be nice. This was after my long, much repeated and one-sided conversation about why he has to be a good boy, especially when mamma is sick. He became a very caring and sweet kid for exactly 10 minutes but the way he said “Mamma I will take care of you. Come here I will give you kissy, big kissy” was super cute and made me super happy 🙂
- We got the carpet and upholstery stain remover that we had been looking for. It was only available at one place in the nearby area. And it was a much-needed item on my list. So one more item – check!!
- We also got around to starting the process to buy a new fridge. Don’t know what we were thinking when we bought the 240 ltr LG refrigerator last year. It is kinda small for our requirements. Our measurements of the area in the kitchen where the fridge can be kept were royally skewed. It was partly due to the fact that the landlord has built a small cabinet in the upper part of the fridge space and it confused us. But we checked and the bigger size will fit that space too. Ezone offers an exchange policy also. So the LG guys will check our existing fridge and then give us a quote. Based on that we can buy a new one with reduced rates. [By now you must have realized that shopping – OF ANY KIND – makes me very happy. I am a true SHOP-A-HOLIC and enjoy every bit of it].
- N’s last day of summer camp was today. It was also kind of his last day at his previous/current school. I mean the play school session was over earlier but he was still going there for the summer camp. I went to pick him up coz I felt like. The kids put up a dance on the song “Jai Ho” from Slumdog Millionaire. It was related to the summer camp theme. The kids looked so happy dancing to the song at the same time trying to look at their teacher and copying her steps. I made a quick video of N using my cell phone and every time I look at it my heart smiles too :).
Stay happy folks!!
Happy Friday. Have a great weekend…… and Be positive always!!